Friday 11 March 2011

she sells sea shells




I've also found myself interested in the form of shells , the shape created by curves and straight lines are beautiful so I decided to try and create a similar form using paper.
I was also reminded of a piece by Richard Sweeny that immediatly reminded me of the forms of shells.


I intend to use a similar method to create a similar design.














I really like the photo above, the colours created with the light filters along with the beautiful swooping shadow that was created, gives the impression of a pair of ribs.

I started to focus on just the shadows to see what kinda of effects and shapes can be created.








This final picture is one of my favourites, I love the way the shadow is so clear it's almost like there's is a pair of sculptures together.

No comments:

Post a Comment